Below are some Book of Mormon Scriptures to use when talking to the Mormon people regarding the Book of Mormon. These scriptures are examples of how the Mormon Church does not follow the Mormon Scriptures. Consider this…there are No Pillars of Mormonism to be found within the Book of Mormon and I have actually never found an example of Joseph Smith teaching from The Book of Mormon.
None of these Key Pillars/Doctrines of Mormonism are found in the Book of Mormon:
Baptism for the Dead, Celestial or Eternal Marriage or Eternal Families, God was once a Man, Man can become a God, There are many Gods, God has a body of Flesh and Bones, The Father and the Son are Separate Beings, Terrestrial Kingdom – Telestial Kingdom – Celestial Kingdom, Polygamy is of God, Polyandry is of God, Lying is of God, Premortal Life or Pre-Existence with God, Heavenly Mother, Temple Covenants for the Living or the Dead.
Following are a few Examples of clear and concrete Mormon Scripture, which not only does not Support Mormon Doctrine… these each teach against the fundamentals of Mormon Doctrine.
How is that? How can the Book of Mormon be one of the most powerful examples against Mormon Doctrine.
1. 1 Nephi 13:24-26
24) And the angel of the Lord said unto me: Thou hast beheld that the book proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew; and when it proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew it contained the fulness of the gospel of the Lord, of whom the twelve apostles bear record; and they bear record according to the truth which is in the Lamb of God.
25) Wherefore, these things go forth from the Jews in purity unto the Gentiles, according to the truth which is in God.
26) And after they go forth by the hand of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, from the Jews unto the Gentiles, thou seest the formation of that great and abominable church, which is most abominable above all other churches; for behold, they have taken away from the gospel of the Lamb many parts which are plain and most precious; and also many covenants of the Lord have they taken away.
2. Mormon Bible Dictionary, (Look up Bible/ go to Dead Sea Scrolls or click on this link, https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/bible?lang=eng&letter=b )
“The Dead Sea Scrolls, some of which are believed to be as early as the 2nd century B.C., give evidence that the Old Testament text was corrupted at least by that time.”
3. 1 Nephi 15:35
35) And there is a place prepared, yea, even that awful hell of which I have spoken, and the devil is the preparator of it; wherefore the final state of the souls of men is to dwell in the kingdom of God, or to be cast out because of that justice of which I have spoken.
4. 2 Nephi 27:23
23) For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.
5. 2 Nephi 31: 21
21) And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.
6. Mosiah 15:1-5
Section Heading: “How Christ is both the Father and the Son”
1) And now Abinadi said unto them: I would that ye should understand that God himself shall come down among the children of men, and shall redeem his people.
2) And because he dwelleth in flesh he shall be called the Son of God, and having subjected the flesh to the will of the Father, being the Father and the Son—
3) The Father, because he was conceived by the power of God; and the Son, because of the flesh; thus becoming the Father and Son—
4) And they are one God, yea, the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth.
5) And thus the flesh becoming subject to the Spirit, or the Son to the Father, being one God, suffereth temptation, and yieldeth not to the temptation, but suffereth himself to be mocked, and scourged, and cast out, and disowned by his people.
7. Alma 11:26 – 31
26) And Zeezrom said unto him: Thou sayest there is a true and living God?
27) And Amulek said: Yea, there is a true and living God.
28) Now Zeezrom said: Is there more than one God?
29) And he answered, No.
30) Now Zeezrom said unto him again: How knowest thou these things?
31) And he said: An angel hath made them known unto me.
8. Alma 18:26-28
26) And then Ammon said: Believest thou that there is a Great Spirit?
27) And he said, Yea.
28) And Ammon said: This is God. And Ammon said unto him again: Believest thou that this Great Spirit, who is God, created all things which are in heaven and in the earth?
9. The Book of Alma 22:9-11
9) And the king said: Is God that Great Spirit that brought our fathers out of the land of Jerusalem?
10) And Aaron said unto him: Yea, he is that Great Spirit, and he created all things both in heaven and in earth. Believest thou this?
11) And he said: Yea, I believe that the Great Spirit created all things, and I desire that ye should tell me concerning all these things, and I will believe thy words.
10. Alma 34:32-35
32) For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.
33) And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed.
34 Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this; for that same spirit which doth possess your bodies at the time that ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world.
35 For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold, ye have become subjected to the spirit of the devil, and he doth seal you his; therefore, the Spirit of the Lord hath withdrawn from you, and hath no place in you, and the devil hath all power over you; and this is the final state of the wicked.
11. 3 Nephi 11:27
The Son of Nephi, Who Was the Son of Helaman
27) And after this manner shall ye baptize in my name; for behold, verily I say unto you, that the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost are one; and I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one.
12. Mormon 7:7
7) And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end.
13. Mormon 9:9
9) For do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing?
14. Moroni 8:18
18) For I know that God is not a partial God, neither a changeable being; but he is unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity.
List of BOM Scriptures that disagree with Mormon Doctrine taught today and which teach AGAINST Mormonism:
1 Nephi 13:24-26; Mormon Bible Dictionary, Look up Bible/ go to Dead Sea Scrolls or click on this link, https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/bible?lang=eng&letter=b ; 1 Nephi 15:35; 2 Nephi 27:23 ; 2 Nephi 31: 21; Mosiah 15:1-5; Alma 11:26 – 31; Alma 18:26-28; The Book of Alma 22:9-11; Alma 34:32-35; 3 Nephi 11:27; Mormon 7:7; Mormon 9:9; Moroni 8:18
- 1 Nephi 13:24-26
- Mormon Bible Dictionary, (Look up Bible/ go to Dead Sea Scrolls or click on this link, https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/bible?lang=eng&letter=b )
- 1 Nephi 15:35
- 2 Nephi 27:23
- 2 Nephi 31: 21
- Mosiah 15:1-5
- Alma 11:26 – 31
- Alma 18:26-28
- The Book of Alma 22:9-11
- Alma 34:32-35
- 3 Nephi 11:27
- Mormon 7:7
- Mormon 9:9
- Moroni 8:18