This broadcast reviews the vast difference between the Jesus Christ of Mormonism found within the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price and the Biblical Jesus Christ accepted by orthodox Christians around the world.
Subjects of discussion:
- Forgiveness – Are we forgiven by the Grace of God as the Bible teaches, or by our Works as Mormonism teaches?
- Pre-Existence – Mormons teach that we existed in heaven before we came to earth. Is that Biblical?
- Temples – Mormonism teaches that we can be sealed together in marriage for all time and eternity. What does Christ say about marriage in the Bible? (Matt 22:23-30)
- Priesthood – Did Jesus speak about the importance of priesthood authority to act in His name? (Matt 28:18-20, Acts 1:4-8, 2:1-4, 36-39) (Hebrews chapters 5-7)
- Apostasy – Mormonism teaches that Jesus said the church which he set up on the earth would fall into a total apostasy. That is why they say that Joseph Smith “Restored” the gospel to the earth. Yet within the Bible Jesus says in Matt 16:18 “…upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail it”; Matt 24:35 “Heaven and Earth shall pass away but my words will never pass away.”
- Spirit World – Mormonism teaches that people get a 2nd chance to come to Christ after they die. The bible teaches that those who are not saved on earth will go into the eternal fire prepared for the devil & his angels. (Matt25:41-46); Rev 20:10-15
- Grace (Christianity) vs Works (Mormonism): Mormons 3rd Articles of Faith, “We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.”