WE LEFT THE MORMON CHURCH WHEN WE UNDERSTOOD…
Listen to this: RADIO BROADCAST: 6 Main Reasons Why We Left the Mormon Church
- An eight-year-old can be held accountable for the truth but a 40-year-old who has read church history is considered deceived by Satan.
- The ethical and moral standards we now demand of any high school principal could not be met by Joseph Smith or Brigham Young.
- There is not very much history that is correctly labeled as “anti-Mormon,” just a great deal that is purely, simply and truly Mormon history.
- Not a single unique pillar of the Mormon faith is recorded anywhere in the Book of Mormon. How did this “keystone” of our religion that we call “the most correct book on earth” miss such fundamental doctrines?
- The LDS Church’s use of the new Gospel Topic Essays are to address any embarrassing, strange or changing historical or doctrinal issues without any accountability or personal responsibility being held by the leadership of the LDS Church.
- The Bible is completely trustworthy, but the Mormon Scriptures are what have been changed, altered and manipulated hundreds of times without explanation, valid historical, archaeological, or manuscript justification.
WHY DOES THE PAST MATTER?
Doctrine and Covenants 121:37: “…when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.”
IF THIS SCRIPTURE IS TRUE, THEN WHAT MORMON LEADERS HAVE DONE IN THE PAST NEGATES THE POWER OF THEIR PRIESTHOOD TODAY.